Providing Clear Control
PuraStat is a synthetic haemostatic material in the form of a prefilled syringe. PuraStat is indicated for haemostasis in the following situations encountered during surgery, when haemostasis by ligation or standard means is insufficient or impractical:
- Bleeding from small blood vessels and oozing from capillaries of the parenchyma of solid organs
- Oozing from vascular anastomoses
- Bleeding from small vessels and oozing from capillaries of the GI tract (reduction of delayed bleeding following gastrointestinal endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) procedures in the colon)
PuraStat is a slightly viscous solution of synthetic peptides. When in contact with blood, the synthetic peptide self-assembles into a 3-dimensional matrix which rapidly coats the bleeding point leading to haemostasis.
PuraStat can be used to achieve haemostasis during endoscopic intervention in case of bleeding from small blood vessels and oozing from capillaries of the GI tract following endoscopic resection procedures.
- Does not block field of view, continue with procedure
- Bleeding status can be checked
- Can be reapplied
- Applicable to narrow spaces
- Can be used in combination with coagulation, clips etc.
- Ready to use in pre-filled syringe
- Easy to deliver and handle